Reid Barker

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Armor Up





So this is probably my all time favorite instrumental. This beat gets me so pumped up, and when my friend told me about it the other day I instantly started writing a rap for it... Eventually when I find time I will record it, but for now I will share with you the lyrics to the first verse. Just do your best to read along with the beat. The song is called "armor up"
Verse 1:Yea there’s an enemy man and they aint ever slackin up
Doin all they can tryin to make sure my mind corrupt
Cuz they know my heart so well, no me better than myself
And they fa sho love my Bible just sittin on the shelf
Ya they know my my flesh is weak and they all comin full force
Like their ready for a meal and ya boy is the main course
The stuff I feed my mind is just trash for their cause
And my sin tastes so sweet like sugar upon their jaws
Yuh I’m talkin bout the devil and all his sinister ways
Its like he’s my coordinator bro and im just running all of his plays
He doesn’t care if I’m ignorant or arrogant it's all the same
Cuz both will bring the pleasure and fame to his name
So I gotta change somethin man, Im in need of a defense
Otherwise before long my name’s go’n be in the past tense
And eternity’s too long time to be separated from the lamb
So its time to armor up and join that army of I AM
Obviously the rap is geared toward the everyday struggle of spiritual warfare. I am a strong believer and a first hand advocate that spiritual warfare is real. The devil comes at all of us in many different ways whether it be family, work, school, health, etc. Just like right now I feel horrible, and feeling bad made it hard for me to read my bible this morning. That's all i am going to share tonight, but I will probably talk more about my thoughts on spiritual warfare at a later time. Hope ya'll like the lyrics and maybe I will give ya'll the second verse next time. Stay Blessed!

2 comments:

  1. and yes Katie I see the typo... no should be KNOW haha love you sister!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and Bible should be capitalized! :) JK - good stuff. I love your blog! Love you!

    ReplyDelete