Reid Barker

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Flag on the Play!

While watching the A&M vs. Nebraska football game last night, I was reminded of the sermon Matt Chandler preached at the Village last weekend in Denton. The game was very low scoring, but the thing that stuck out was the amount of penalties that were called against Nebraska. Matt Chandler's sermon was talking about the Church, and how so often it is full of referees. Referees do not play the game (live their Christian walk) themselves, but sit back and point out, blow whistles, and throw flags on other peoples mistakes (sin). No one remembers the name of a referee, or even cares when they retire. Another will step right in place, and take over the role. Although Matt was focusing on the Church, referees are everywhere. They may be at school, work, home, or anywhere. I know many times I have worn the stripes and couldn't throw my flag fast enough at other peoples actions when the flag should have been thrown on me. It goes along with human nature, and how easy it is to judge other people. I want to play the game. I want to have an impact that doesn't hold a negative connotation. I want people to remember me when I am gone and retired. Remember the plays that I made...

Matthew 7:1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment